Thursday, September 29, 2016

September 27, 2016 - Adventure #1

A new horse, new adventures. . . In this case, even before I get the new horse.
Mr. Smart Shining King is scheduled to be purchase on Saturday, October 1st. There is much excitement at the ranch. Mr. Buck will be the youngest horse to join S&S Ranch and we are looking forward to training him.
The adventure started last weekend when we headed to Riverside to pick him up. We had spent all morning Saturday cleaning the Circle J trailer, no more cobwebs, and shiny clean windows!
On Sunday, after church, we started north. We got to just below Temecula when my dad said, “we lost a tire.” A moment later he said, “and we lost a fender too.” It was good we had not picked up Mr. Buck yet.
The weather was hot and dry at over 100 degrees and since we were on the freeway, there were no trees to shade from the sun. The tire we blue was on the right, however, putting us in the shade of the trailer for changing the tire. That was a blessing!
Even with the heat, I was dressed in my western garb and wore my black cowboy hat, shading me from the sun’s direct rays.
I had to hike back up the freeway for a quarter mile to pick up the fender, which had ripped off with the force of the lose tire tread.
We had planned to get new tires in Temecula, but most places are closed on Sundays. The place we did stop at would have to order the tires.
So, this week, I made a few calls. Trying to get a horse transport or rent a trailer so we can still get Mr. Smart Shining King.

No comments: