Saturday, December 31, 2016

December 31, 2016


This past month Shine as been growing a lot!
I have now had Shine for 3 months and am enjoying the leaps forward in training as well as the challenges. My sister mentioned that some people don’t even start training the horse until he is a year old, so anything he learns now I’ll be that much ahead. It is totally true! I try to remember to keep this in mind each day I spend time with him.
Achievements: Shine is learning to walk beside me when I lead him, and only occasionally tries to look across behind me. He doesn’t pull on the lead rope much anymore. He is also more ready to pick up his feet and is getting better with more commotion around.
Next steps: I would like to get Shine comfortable with standing on three feet, so he holds still when he is being shod. He also pulled back the other day, but he quickly stepped forward again and was calm.

No comments: