Sunday, June 24, 2012

June 24, 2012

Seyvilla Dawn Proof was born Seyvilladawnproof on January 28, 1998. The bay colored, full blood Arabian was sired by NF Proof, her dam was Seyvilla Dawn. I found her last race posted online! She ran last on August 31, 2001. As a matter of public record, the last jockey to ride her in that race was Gladney D.
Three months after her final race, my uncle who was her farrier, introduced my family and I to the idea of owning her.
On September 28th, I caught my first sight of Seyvilladawnproof as she was backed out of the horse trailer that had brought her from Los Alamitos racetrack. I was totally stoked! She was my first horse and I could hardly wait to get started! That was the start of 12+ years of exciting, hardworking, but always rewarding ownership.
My sister, Sheena, and I started with lots of groundwork and lunging, getting to know Seyvilla and letting her get to know us. We went out and worked with Seyvilla as many days after school as possible, training her to accept the western saddle that is more than twice what a racing saddle weighs.
With faithful training and riding, Seyvilladawnproof went from a racehorse who basically only knew how to run, to a horse who is good with riders of all ages and all experience levels.

No comments: